Dr. James A. Scudder
Founder of Quentin Road and Victory In Grace
Dr. James A. Scudder founded the Quentin Road Baptist Church in Lake Zurich, Illinois 45 years ago. During this time, he also founded one of the nation’s largest Christian preschools and Dayspring Bible College & Seminary. Dr. Scudder is a popular author and Bible teacher. He is the founder of the international television and radio broadcast,Victory In Grace. Dr. Scudder has authored over 12 books and his latest books include Finish Strong and Commentary on the Book of James. He and his wife Linda have been married for over 45 years and reside in Key Largo, Florida. They have two happily married children, four grandchildren all in full time ministry, and three great grandchildren.
Pastor Jim Scudder, Jr.
Senior Pastor of Quentin Road
As the son of founders, Dr. James and Linda Scudder, Pastor Scudder has been a fundamental part of Quentin Road his entire life. He served as Director of Media Ministries for Victory in Grace television and radio for 10 years, and pastored a church in the west suburbs of Chicago for 5 years. In 2007 he was asked to return to Quentin Road to serve in the capacity of Executive Pastor alongside his father where they shared the pulpit and co-hosted Victory in Grace until 2016 when he assumed the Senior Pastorate. Jim and Karen are thrilled to serve with their two married daughters and are enjoying their grandchildren.
Statement of Faith
What We Believe…
- Verbal Inspiration of the Bible
- Trinity of the Godhead
- Personality of Satan
- Genesis Account of Creation
- Original Sin
- The Virgin Birth
- The Blood Atonement
- The New Birth
- Justification by Faith
- Local Church Government
- Baptism by Immersion
- Commemorative Lord’s Supper
- Security of the Believer
- Resurrection of the Body
- Pre-Millenial Return of Christ
- Millenial Reign of Christ
- Hell-Eternal Torment
- Heaven-Eternal Glory
A Christ-Centered Church…A Person, Jesus Christ, not a program, is foremost. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. (Acts 16:31)
A Bible Believing Church…We stand for the historic fundamentals of Biblical Christianity. We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life.
An Independent Church…We are self-governing and therefore have no synod, conference, presbytery or other form of human organization exercising control over the local congregration.
An Evangelistic Church…We maintain a steadily expanding program of missions, seeking to bring all to the Savior.
A Fellowshipping Church…Christian love, harmony and unity are found in all of our activities.
How Can I Know For Sure I Am Going to Heaven?
You must realize first that everyone is less perfect than a holy God. We are all sinners and unable to save ourselves.
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23
- God says that even our good deeds are unclean in his sight. Our good deeds can never pay the price for our sin.
- But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. Isaiah 64:6
The result and penalty of sin is death, which means separation from God forever.
- For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
- Because we have sinned, we all deserve to be separated from God forever. God hates sin because it separates us from Him but He loves us, the sinner.
- Heaven is a perfect place; therefore no sin can enter there. Man must be perfect to gain entrance.
- And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life. Rev. 21:27
Nothing man can do could help obtain the perfection God requires for Heaven.
- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephes. 2:8-9
- Salvation is only by God’s grace. Grace means unmerited favor or undeserved mercy. A gift is not earned or paid for or it would not be a gift.
- But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5
Christ made a complete payment for all sin and offers His righteousness to us.
- For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Cor. 5:21
- We have seen that we are all sinners and that the penalty of sin is eternal separation from God. We have also seen that God loves us and offers us the gift of eternal life. He requires only our belief, our trust in that payment.
- How could a holy God give eternal life to sinners? Only through His Son who died on the cross to make a full payment for all sin.
If you put your trust in Jesus Christ, God gives you eternal life! Jesus shed His blood on the cross and rose again. His death paid the complete penalty for your sin, and His resurrection shows God accepted that payment. This is good news.
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
- This verse does not say anything about promising God good works in order to be saved. It doesn’t mention joining a church or being baptized or even quitting all your sinning. The word believe means to trust, depend, or rely upon.
- Will you place your trust in Jesus Christ to save your soul? To trust Him means to rely totally on Him, not on your own good works. Will you do this right now?
If you have trusted Jesus Christ as your Savior, then you can know you have eternal life. God has promised this in His Word. We have complete assurance of eternal life.
- These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:13
- And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. John 10:28
- Eternal life is guaranteed by God: “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;” Titus 1:2